Thursday, June 28, 2012

The unknown

I promised a blog tonight and got distracted... so I will try to be short and sweet.

We went to vegas this weekend to visit our brother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece.  All in all it was a fantastic trip.  Hayden took a little bit of time warming up to being away from home--but once he realized "this" (or "sis" as I like to call her) came with us he did just fine! My niece is just the cutest little thing and the kids were so much fun to watch together! We did, however, forget to bring tip jars to Freemont (apparently the kids are destined to be movie stars! What popular little things they were!)


The ending to the trip was not so grande.  I believe for those who follow babycenter you will understand when I say it was filled with Flying Monkeys and Unicorns! 

After much needed reflection during the trip home, I reminded myself that my focus really truly needs to be on my children and what is best for them. I am grateful for the support system we do have and welcome others who want to join us in this journey!

I am, however, done with non-sense drama. No exceptions.

Anyway, Yesterday Hayden saw the developmental pediatrician.

I guess what bothers me the most is the unknown.  We know he has a chromosome deletion...We recieved a report that confirms it is a deletion of 18q21.1...but we still have no idea what this means for Hayden! All of the conditions are fairly rare and research is still underway regarding the conditions.  I have been in contact with a genetic counselor from San Antonio. She is with the Chromosome 18 Registry and Research Society. I suppose it is a start...

We also did not qualify for Long Term Care-- so I have reapplied...

Lastly, Hayden did not pass the Modified Checklist For Autism in Toddlers (MCHAT) and has been listed as "at-risk". He will be further evaluated through the next month.

To be honest, I am not too concerned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A lil' Mission

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods