Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday: Working Mom Blues

I am so fortunate to have the best parents in the world and my babies are even more fortunate to have them as their grandparents!

This week has been hard emotionally and physically. The diet is kicking my butt! I've managed to make it 10 days---full commitment, no cheating (not even once!). I've watched my son eat pop tarts, pizza pockets, macaroni and cheese, chocolate. And each time I make it through. I thought I was getting easier until I spent 2 hours and a meeting at Starbucks. I ordered....nothing! Sheesh that was hard!

I taught an emotional class today about the importance of early intervention, evidence-based treatment and parent participation. This obviously was not my first time teaching the class...however it was my first time teaching the class with my own child having been diagnosed at risk of Autism. Most of the parents in attendance were new to the diagnosis, and while I'm not new to "Autism" I am new to the reality of my son being at-risk....sigh (I'll just blame the 500 calories)!

But then I got to come home to these two cuties....Absolutely my favorite part of the day. I don't know what I did so right for God to bless me in the way he has but man, my kids are cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A lil' Mission

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods